Top Tips to Prevent ingrowing hairs from expert salon in Tarporley, Cheshire
Written by Angela, 12th July 2012
Top Tips to prevent ingrown hairs
No cure exists for ingrown hairs but it is possible to decrease the occurrence of them with the following tips:
- Keep the skin softened and hydrated by using a body lotion between your waxing treatments. We recommend Dermalogica Body Conditioning Lotion as it also contains some hydroxy acids which helps to gently exfoliate the skin too.
- Exfoliate your skin between your waxes to remove dead skin cells and help to dislodge surface ingrown hairs. A professional exfoliation treatment can be helpful.
- Apply a lotion specifically designed to ‘out’ ingrown hairs such as In Grow Go.
- For inflamed ingrown hairs use Dermalogica’s Special Clearing Booster as the benzyl peroxide will help to improve the condition.
- If these tips do not work then temporarily switch to an alternative method of hair removal to see if this resolves the problem.
Originally published July 12, 2012 12:34pm, updated July 2, 2013