Our top tips for visible results in your 50s and beyond, September 2012
Written by Angela, 15th September 2012
- Exfolation is important, but this does not mean scrubbing at your skin with harsh gritty scrubs. The ageing skin becomes more delicate so choose an exfoliant which gently but thoroughly exfoliates your skin. If you have no sensitivity we recommend Multivitamin Thermofoliant, however if you have sensitivity stick with Daily Microfoliant or Gentle Cream Exfoliant
- Are you using a mask? We often think of the clay masks we used when we were teenagers to combat blackheads and spots and havent used a mask since! However, a well-formulated cream mask can work wonders for ageing skin helping to replenish lost lipids. Try Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque it is referred to as an ambulance in a tube and it really does come to the rescue every time for mature skin.
- As your skin ages it can often become more sensitive so have some Ultracalming serum concentrate handy if you are prone to heat and flare-ups. Combating redness and inflammation is a key part of addressing anti-ageing as inflammatory response ages skin more quickly.
- Night time is a great time to not only get your beauty sleep but to treat your skin to some intensive anti-ageing treatment. We love Overnight Repair Serum with its peptide ingredient base to stimulate collagen production to help firm and renew resilience. The Argan oil and Rose in its formulation helps to reviilitse lacklustre skin and combat fine lines and wrinkles.
- Ask your skin care therapist for facials with regenerate and nourish to complement your homecare routine.
September Special Offer
We have Overnight Skin Rescue kits valued at £50 to give away to clients who spend £80 or more on Dermalogica facial and/or AGEsmart skin care products. While stocks last.
Originally published September 15, 2012 14:21pm, updated July 2, 2013