How to care for individual eyelash extensions
Written by Angela, 15th September 2012
Top tips to care for your individual eyelash extensions
- Never use mascara that needs to be removed with oily eyemake up remover as the oil will weaken the bond between the extension and your natural lash
- Never use cotton wool or cotton wool buds around the lash area as the fibres will get caught in the extensions
- Use clean, disposable lip gloss applicators to gently remove any mascara with a non-oily eye makeup remover
- Never use heated eyelash curlers as the artificial lashes are made of a synthetic material and will melt with heat.
- Do not rub your eyes and try to handle your lashes as little as possible as disturbing your natural lashes will displace them and cause the lashes with their extension to drop out more quickly.
Individual eyelash extensions are synthetic lashes which are individually bonded onto your own lashes with a permanent medical grade glue to give beautiful, natural, eye-opening effect.
Originally published September 15, 2012 13:59pm, updated September 24, 2017